A Cold, Spanish Soup!
A cold, tomato based soup from the southern region of Spain. This Spanish staple is made from raw, health promoting vegetables and oils and topped with seeds, olives and avocado.
Refrigerate before serving for up to 30 mins if colder soup is desired.
Serves 4 generously
– Slice tomatoes and place in a medium size bowl and add the salt
– Slice the cloves of garlic and add to tomatoes (roughly, no need to mince)
– Slice the red pepper, set aside
– Slice the cucumber into several large pieces, set aside
– Place tomatoes, garlic, and 1 TB of olive oil in food processer fitted with S blade, run until tomatoes liquefy
– While motor is running, add red pepper
– Once peppers break down add the vinegar, black pepper, remaining olive oil followed by the cucumber
– Run motor until all vegetables break down into a smooth liquid
– Transfer into 4 bowls
– Top with avocado, olives and seeds.
-3 vine tomatoes
-1 red pepper
-2 cloves garlic
-1.5 TB olive oil
-1 TB red wine vinegar
-2 tsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper
-¼ cup sliced black olives
-½ avocado, diced
-2 TB pumpkin or sunflower seeds